8:45 am - 3:45 pm
|Full Time Kindergarten
8:45 am - 3:45 pm
Half Time Kindergarten
Monday and Wednesday
8:45 am - 3:45 pm
||8:45 am - 11:45 am|
7:45 am - 4:15 pm
Arrival at School
School begins promptly at 8:45 am. Please plan to drop off your students no earlier than 8:35 am. The first bell will ring at 8:40 am. There is no supervision prior to 8:35 am.
Hot lunches, milk, seconds and snacks are available to all students. Students eat lunch in the Tri-Space. Lunch menus will be sent home regularly. They are also available to view on the school website. To view the school lunch menu please use the link on the left of the page.
If you would like to eat lunch at school with your child, please notify the office the day before or no later than 9:00 am of the day you wish to eat with your child.
Please find current lunch prices under the "Menu" button.
Leaving School During the School Day
The following rules are provided for your child's safety:
- Students will not be allowed to leave school grounds without permission during the school day.
- Please send a note with your child if it is necessary for him / her to be excused early.
- Students must be signed out in the office by an adult before leaving school
- The office will call your student down to the office
- Students will only be released to people named in Infinite Campus unless the parent notifies the office of another arrangement.
Procedures for School Closings and Cancellations
School Cancellation - If the decision is made to cancel school, local radio and TV stations will be asked to announce that District 20 will be closed. Local radio and TV stations will be informed of this decision by 5:30 am. Information will also be available on the District 20 website, www.asd20.org, and the school website, www.asd20/schools/fhe
Delayed Start - If adverse weather conditions appear to be developing during the 5:30 am decision time frame, the superintendent may delay the start of schools for an appropriate time period. The procedure will be as follows:
- All school buses will pick up at the bus stops two hours later than usual. Morning kindergarten will be held two hours late.
- Local stations will be informed by 5:30 am that the start time for District 20 schools will be delayed.
- The decision relative to whether schools will be open or closed will be made prior to 7:30 am. If the decision is to hold school, the delayed start will be honored and no additional radio or TV announcements will be made. If the decision is to cancel school, local radio and TV stations will be informed by 7:30 am
- All school employees and all non-school site employees will report for work two hours later than their normal start time when a two-hour delay has been called. The only exception is the Emergency Response Team.
Early Release - If school is in session and a storm develops during the day, a decision may be made to send students home early. The procedure will be as follows:
- On the days when the weather at 5:30 am may not be bad enough to cancel school, but weather reports and other indications are that a storm may develop during school hours, bus drivers will be notified that it is a "storm alert" day. Each driver will have this information by the time he or she completes the morning bus run.
- Between 10:00 am and 10:30 am, if the decision is to release early, each bus driver will be notified. School will be dismissed approximately two hours early, and bus drivers will make their regular runs in the usual sequence.
- Local radio and TV stations will be asked to announce between 7:00 am and 9:00 am that District 20 is on "storm alert." If there is an early release, local radio and TV stations will be asked to announce that District 20 is releasing early.
- Parents should make previous arrangements so that their child will have a place to go if there is no one at home on early release days.
Since fresh air and movement are important to learning and health, children are expected to go outside for recess during the lunch period and during grade level recess. Exceptions will be made in extreme circumstances and on an individual basis. All recesses are supervised by staff members. Unless the weather is unusually EXTREME, children will go outdoors. FOR THIS REASON, PLEASE SEE THAT YOUR CHILD IS ADEQUATELY DRESSED FOR COLD AND WET WEATHER.